Research to Do Before You Lease
For drivers who don’t want the risk or commitment of long-term vehicle ownership and maintenance, leasing instead of buying a Buick or GMC is a great option. Here are some things Jacksonville-area drivers will want to know before deciding between leasing vs. buying for their next vehicle.
What You Need to Know
- Your estimated annual driving miles: Most leases will usually have a mileage cap, and if you go over the limit, fees may be applied.
- Your vehicle maintenance budget: Regular service (i.e. an oil change) is usually required as part of lease terms. If any repairs are not covered by the warrantee or lease agreement, they will be coming out of your pocket.
- Your car insurance budget: A minimum level of car insurance coverage will be required on your lease agreement in case of any damage or accidents.
- Lease deals in your area: This is a great strategy to save money. You may be able to use your research to leverage a lower price at dealer to match or beat a competing dealer’s rate.
- Local dealer vehicle exchange programs: If you are currently leasing or are planning on leasing into the future, vehicle exchange programs like ours at Nimnicht Buick GMC make it easy and cost-effective to keep updating to latest model.